05 Jun 2000 2002 : Yearly Market analysis and forecasts
– Return to growth of Wireless Telecom SIM Cards : +10%.
– Banking/Retail microprocessor grew 16% reaching 175 Million units.
– Total Microprocessor shipments grew 17% boosted by emerging segments such as Government/health, Transport, Pay-TV, IT Security.
– Telecom memory cards declined for the first time – still representing 950 million units shipped.
– EMEA (Europe Middle East and Africa) is still the dominant region for smart card shipments but ASPAC confirms its growing impact.