20 Aug 2021 Internship in European public affairs Cybersecurity and Digital Single Market
Eurosmart, the Voice of the Digital Security Industry, is a European non-profit association located in Brussels, representing the European digital security industry for multisector applications. Founded in 1995, the association is committed to expanding the digital secure devices market, developing smart security standards and continuously improving the quality of security applications.
The Brussels Office coordinates the advocacy work of the association and its members towards European Institutions. Eurosmart aims to defend and promote the interests of the digital security industry by creating a friendly policy and regulatory environment in the context of the development of the Digital Single Market. Eurosmart has a strong focus on the following topics: cybersecurity, technological sovereignty, ICT Standardisation, artificial intelligence, and digital identity.
Eurosmart is offering a six-month internship (starting date: early / mid-October) to support its Brussels office. This internship is a unique opportunity to get familiar with a growing ecosystem and learn both political and technical knowledge on the digital security industry.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Monitoring relevant policy issues: artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, biometrics, digital identity etc.
- Updating monitoring tools: intranet and newsletters.
- Supporting intelligence gathering on specific issues: ICT standardisation, EU initiatives: cybersecurity, digital identity, artificial intelligence.
- Taking part in external meetings, conferences and seminars to produce reports and summaries.
- Preparing internal meetings and providing general administrative support (e.g. assisting with the preparation of working group meetings).
- Taking part in the organisation of Eurosmart’s events.
- Drafting external communication (press release, website update and social networks management).
- Supporting Eurosmart’s advocacy work (position papers, meetings).
Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Political Science / Law / Economy.
- Good knowledge of EU legislative procedures. Some previous work experience in EU affairs is desirable.
- Outstanding written and spoken English required, proficiency in French and/or German is a plus.
- Good team player with excellent communication skills and time management.
- Ability to multi-task and proactive self-starting “can-do” attitude.
- Previous work on digital policies and/or interest for the field is a plus.
- The internship falls under the conditions of the “Convention d’immersion professionelle” (CIP).
- Remuneration between €1100 and €1300 depending on experience.
- Lunch vouchers.
- Transportation card.
- Mobile phone.
- Full time – 38h/week.
- An exciting position in an office located in the heart of the EU quarter.
A CV (maximum of 2 pages) and motivation letter should be sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Eurosmart Intern EU Public Affairs” in the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.Eurosmart_internship_offer