09 Mar 2023 Internship opportunity
Internship EU Policy officer
Cybersecurity, Digital identity, security certification…
Eurosmart is offering an internship to support its Brussels’ office.
Eurosmart, the Voice of the Digital Security Industry, is a European non-profit association located in Brussels, representing the Digital Security Industry for multisector applications. Founded in 1995, the association is committed to expanding the world’s Digital secure devices market, developing IT security standards, supporting cybersecurity certification, and continuously improving the quality of security applications.
The Brussels Office coordinates the advocacy efforts of the association and its members towards the European Institutions. Eurosmart aims at both securing, promoting and defending the interests of the digital security industry by creating a friendly policy and regulatory environment in the context of the development of the Digital Single Market Strategy with a strong focus on cybersecurity, digital identity, and the digitalisation of the economy and society.
As a member of the Eurosmart’s Brussels team, you will be responsible for monitoring European digital policies and related topics (Cybersecurity, IoT, Digital Identity, biometrics, personal data, data economy, connected cars etc.) and supporting the day-to-day activity of the association and its different working groups.
Duties and responsibilities among others:
- Contribute to development and implementation of policy communication plans. (drafting of Press Release, Position papers, articles to promote Eurosmart member’s values).
- Actively contribute to advocacy work of Eurosmart;
- Participation in external meetings, conferences and seminars and drafting of reports and summaries;
- Manage day-to-day policy monitoring and research;
- Produce high-quality analysis and internal/external communication materials, on political, policy and standard issues related to digital security (regulation, certification, standardisation, market analysis);
- Support the work of relevant Working Groups of Eurosmart: briefings; general administrative support and event management;
- Support in external and digital communication (website update and social networks management);
- Master’s degree in political science / law / economy with a decent grasp of EU politics. Experience working in or with EU institutions would be an advantage.
- An experience with advocacy campaigning and/or policy analysis, and/or demonstrate influencing skills and strong strategic and political understanding.
- Good research, analytical skills and ability to critically review and very strong written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative. Be positive and good team player, organised, and stress resilient. You prioritise achieving outcomes over running activities.
- Be able to quickly familiarise with technical IT new topic through self-led research.
- Proficiency in English language; additional languages, such as French and/or German is an asset.
What do we offer
- An internship (Belgian “convention d’immersion professionelle) + meal vouchers, phone subscription, public transport.
- An exciting position in an office, right near the European Parliament, housing like-minded EU Affairs professionals.
- A cover letter of no more than two pages outlining your motivation for the position and when you would be able to start;
Interviews will be organised in April 2023. Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates.
Documents should be sent to
Mr. Pierre-Jean Verrando, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Eurosmart – internship “EU Public Affairs” in the subject line.